On Tuesday 5 April, Year 10 students completed ‘A Day About the World of Work’. This involved:
- Mock Interview Process – students undertook a mock interview with local business people and received feedback on their performance.
- Question and Answer Session – students participated in a ‘round table’ event with a small group of successful business professionals from a variety of industries and backgrounds. Key focus here was what the world of work is like really like, employers expectations and how to progress your career.
- Stress and the Workplace Workshop – overview and discussion around factors contributing to stress in the work environment and strategies to address these.
- Work Experience Information Session – provided students with additional information work experience placements with an emphasis on making a positive impact and how to get the most out of this opportunity.
- Careers Mini Market – this was geared at providing students with guidance on future education pathways post Year 12.